cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Need 64 bit driver, can anyone help?

rcrisp
1-Newbie

Need 64 bit driver, can anyone help?

Proe Users,

I have a Dell Precision M6500 Intel(R) Core i7 M 620 @ 2.67GHz running 32 bit Windows 7.
SolidWorks '10 runs terrible on 32 bit so decided I needed to upgrade to 64 bit.
So we buy a new hard drive, so that I have a back-up in case of problems with install to go back to 32 bit, install new hard drive, configure 64 bit system and had lots of whacky issues, eventually leading to black screen at start up, no way to load windows.
Diagnostic tools lead us to find that we need to update the "Mass Storage Controller Driver" the one I have is not compatible with 64 bit.
Dell does not have this driver on their site and I can't figure out what specific driver I need.
I have a co-worker with the exact same machine loaded from Dell w/ 64 bit so he has the driver somewhere on his machine.
Dell isn't helping because we changed the configuration of the machine from as it was purchased as 32 bit.
Has anyone been through this process and have the 64 bit Dell "Mass Storage Controller Driver" they could share?

Thank you

Ryan Crisp | Senior Mechanical Engineer

Priority Designs
501 Morrison Rd.
Columbus, OH 43230
(614) 337-9979
www.prioritydesigns.com<">http://www.prioritydesigns.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email along with any attachments contains proprietary information, some of which may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this transmission. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender and permanently delete all copies of the email and any attachments.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags