cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

PTC Tech Support

KrisR
1-Newbie

PTC Tech Support

I am new to PTC and as such have had situations where I needed to contact tech support about a few issues.

Before I state my opinion, I was wondering what others' thoughts and experiences are about contacting PTC support directly? How did it go for you?

I'd love to hear your thoughts - and I didn't find a forum appropriate for this topic, so I put it here. My apologies if there is an more appropriate place.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Kris, were your recent issues related to Creo or general modeling in Creo?

Specifically, the training (PrecisionLMS) downloads for Pro E/Creo 5 and understandability of the tech support staff.

If I'm totally honest, my experiences have often been mediocre.

I usually get the call centre in Algeria(?), where I find it difficult to understand the accents, and I've often felt that the 'tech' on the other end of the phone knows no more about using the software than I do - and sometimes less - and it can be a struggle to convince them that what I'm reporting is, in fact, a problem.

I have provided feedback to this effect on a couple of occasions, I think.

I did recently have a much better experience after a call got routed to Germany - the tech there seemed to understand my problem, made a couple of sensible suggestions, and after a few emails we isolated and reproduced the issue.

Mine have been less than mediocre.

I have consistently had trouble understanding the support staff and often feel as you do, Jonathon, that the staff doesn't understand the issue is an issue. I have specifically requested that the support staff not call me, only communicate via email because I cannot understand them. I actually had to discontinue talking to them and explain before I hung up that I cannot understand a word that they are saying.

Tech support should be able to communicate in any way, shape, or form. And for the prices paid for our maintenance packages which give us access to this support, I expect to get support in any way, shape or form.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:KrisR)

Yeah, a more fluent grasp of English and less accent would be awesome, but, it must be noted, that this issue is not limited to PTC. The problem is, that the more complicated the topic, the harder the language barrier becomes. For software like this, the call center's people should have English as the primary language.

I agree. Many companies have sent their tech support departments to other places.

When that happens for something I have control over (such as my phone company or cable company), I switch to a business that has support where I want it.

In this case, I am not able to do that.

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:KrisR)

I'd still like to know how to get PTC support and not have to use a reseller.

Top Tags