cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

PTC, it's a perfectly reasonable question

346gnu
12-Amethyst

PTC, it's a perfectly reasonable question

Is contact analysis now only in Advanced?

The latest flyers suggest Advanced is required to get contact capability. 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/Is-contact-only-in-Advanced-now/m-p/486178

Albeit old, Creo Capabilities attached states otherwise.

I know things have moved on but not having frictionless contact in the standard offering is just wrong.

How are existing models that have contact to be handled?

Please allay these fears with a simple response.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

this is user community. I think you have to ask the question to your PTC VAR.

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MartinHanak)

Yes and No.  This is the only officially supported place to submit product ideas and get PTC feedback on them.  Management at PTC has been instructed to participate in the community.  I think its reasonable to expect (hope) that someone responsible for this product at PTC would chime in.

346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:MartinHanak)

Perhaps but,

I failed to get an answer from the mother ship by submitting a call. Why will VAR's have better luck?

VAR's will read the flyers and not necessarily understand the potential rescoping of functionality versus cost for future users.

PTC run this forum, they read these posts and users need to be aware.

Imagine a small company wanting to play catch up with maintenance next year and being told they can't and are forced to RENT the software ... and then you find that you must rent Advanced.

I just want it cleared up. It must be simple to clarify.

346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:346gnu)

... and as another post of mine states, finite friction still does not work.

People are going to be pretty annoyed if that's why the extra bucks are being paid and the arguments that would follow when trying to get money back.

simulate_package.JPG

346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:skunks)

Yes, I noticed that too ... someone had a change of heart.

Whether a marketing error or someone technical finally persuaded someone who counts beans to change their mind we'll never know.

Top Tags