cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Particle colision with a rotating part

VR_4000
11-Garnet

Particle colision with a rotating part

Hey, 

I'm trying to make a simulation on Creo Flow Analysis and verify how far a particle is launched by colliding with a rotating part, similar to a fan.

What I have tried so far was to make one domain with the fan and where the particles exists, made everything spin and released the particles in the middle, that created a motion but it doesn't match the real blade motion related to the particles.

Then I've tried splitting the domain, but when I added the detached domain, as fluid domain and tested with solid domain too, the particles just ignored it, but affected the air motion (only in fluid domain, I've made it rotate faster and it interfered with the particles trajectory).

So the problem is, how can I make a rotating object to collide with the particles without interfering the place where the particles are released? The particles may be released at any position above the rotating fan.

There is a way to make particles interact with multiples domains?

There's a better way to make this simulation in Creo?

And is the Creo flow simulation extension capable of doing such simulation? (It certainly doesn't seen ideal for this kind of simulation).

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags