cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Pop up windows open too tall for my screen. What do I do?

nhughes
1-Newbie

Pop up windows open too tall for my screen. What do I do?

Any time I open a tool or click on anything that opens a pop up window (such as the options button or currently the profiles function with in framework) the window opens up so tall that I can not see the bottom making it impossible to use. I cant even re-size or drag the window upward to be able to see the bottom. How do I fix this?problem.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pieface
6-Contributor
(To:nhughes)

This is a bug.  I think we diagnosed it to have something to do with Windows 125% font size.  Attempt to put your cursor in the last possible area before "OK"/"Cancel" and press TAB.  Hope you select "OK".  I think the only solution is to change Windows font size back to default (100%).  I have seen it occur recently (Creo 3, Windows 7) but could not get it to re-occur.  It used to always happen in the Model Properties form (File>Prepare>Model Properties).

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Nick,

Is this happening no matter what you are using on your computer?

Best,

Toby

Nope this is only happening in Creo.

Hi,

check screen resolution. It is probably too low to display large dialog boxes. If you are using notebook, you can attach external display to get bigger working area.

MH

Martin Hanák

I believe I have the resolution as high as it will go. I have a 32 in tv hooked up as a second monitor and it still isn't displaying correctly...

Thanks for the suggestions though.

‌Buy a bigger monitor?

Not helpful, I know....  I just couldn't help myself.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

This looks like a Creo question, not a Community noe.  Toby Metcalf‌, should it be moved to one of the Creo areas?

I'd check your screen resolution.  Creo requires a 1280 x 1024 resolution or higher.

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/161492/en/creo3_hw_notes.pdf

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

My resolution is set to 1366 x 768.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

That's your problem.  If that's the highest it'll go, there's nothing that can be done.

--
LinkedIn

So there is no way to tell Creo that I need a lower resolution or to have the window displayed differently? I can't even re-size the windows to be long instead of tall or anything?   That sounds like a major design flaw to me...

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

It's not a flaw, it's a simple specification.  All software has minimum computer specs required to run it.  This is a graphics intensive program, it requires a fairly high level of graphics capability to run, including a high screen resolution.

One thing that will help is moving your Windows taskbar from the bottom to the side of the screen to give you a bit more vertical screen real estate.

--
LinkedIn

Sorry I didnt mean that the required resolution was a flaw I completely understand that. I meant that the fact I cant resize or even scroll with in a window seems like a flaw to me. I do like the taskbar idea though. Thanks for your help

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Glad I could help a bit, sorry that I could really solve your issue. 

--
LinkedIn

Agree Doug - Just wanted to cover the bases - I will move it to Creo

Pieface
6-Contributor

This is a bug.  I think we diagnosed it to have something to do with Windows 125% font size.  Attempt to put your cursor in the last possible area before "OK"/"Cancel" and press TAB.  Hope you select "OK".  I think the only solution is to change Windows font size back to default (100%).  I have seen it occur recently (Creo 3, Windows 7) but could not get it to re-occur.  It used to always happen in the Model Properties form (File>Prepare>Model Properties).

CT1
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:Pieface)

Thanks very much! This suggestion worked for me - on my 1920x1080 laptop display, the Creo-4 windows are correctly sized now. My font size was at 150% when the problem apeared after first install of Creo 4. I changed the text size to 125% based on your response so that my text size would not be too small for my other programs and it worked great - if anyone needs where to change the font size, please see the attached picture. Thank you again -

cgorni
16-Pearl
(To:Pieface)

Indeed, such Windows Display settings could impact different Creo UI and areas, specially in early Windows 10 versions.

This impact is documented in article CS270576 (requires an account with active maintenance/subscription) and the behavior should be improved with Windows 10 version 1709 or higher.

If the Creo session is connected to Windchill, and the problem appears within the embedded browser, you can also verify if the Compatibility View or Enterprise mode are enabled, see article CS203757

This is an old post but someone else might be able to use my suggestion. I ran into the same issue amd my available laptop resolution causes me to not have access to some of the bottom parts of pop up menus. I switched my layout to profile, was able to access the part of the window I wasn't able to previously, then switched back to landscape. It's a bit of a pain to navigate but it worked.
Top Tags