cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Press Fit of Housing (Aluminium) and Laminated Stack (electric steel) with Temperature load

Tomaz_Jelenc
4-Participant

Press Fit of Housing (Aluminium) and Laminated Stack (electric steel) with Temperature load

Hello,

I have problem when I make Press fit simulation in Creo Simulate 4.0.

I have a housing (material aluminium AW6063-T66) and inside part laminated stack (M250-35A). There is interference fit between housing and laminated stack. I want to Analise the contact between Housing and Laminated Stack which is needed also by higher operating temperature. So I add  a temperature Load of 100°C and 20°C as reference temperature.

When I check the displacments after the simulation is completed there are the same displacements in time 0 and time 1. Meanwhile there is a difference in Stresses Von Mises in time 0 and time1. It would be logical that in time 0 there would Creo showed the displacments that are a cosequence of interferance fit between housing and laminated stackat room temperature.

And than in time 1 there would be additional displacments due to Temperature load (delta T=80°C and becouse of different expansion temperature coeficients of Aluminium and Steel)

Can anyone give me an explanations or advice  how to get the right displacements also in time 1?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags