cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Pro/E Wildfire Mouse Button Settings

ptc-116529
1-Newbie

Pro/E Wildfire Mouse Button Settings

After using Pro/E 2001 for many years we've finally been given the ok by our management to upgrade to Wildfire. I just got all of the Wildfire software installed but I can't seem to get the mouse to do anything other than zoom. I cannot rotate or pan at all. According to the Wildfire interactive tour, you are supposed to perform all of these functions by using only the middle mouse button and CNTRL key and the function changes based on how you move the mouse. However, I can only get the mouse to zoom. It will preform no other functions. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Can anybody tell me what function the middle button should be assigned? Maybe this is the issue. I'm using a Logitech MX700.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Middle Mouse button. Maybe its set to scroll up/down.

If you have a scroll wheel for a middle button, pan zoom works by rotating the wheel, rotate works by holding down the scroll wheel and moving the mouse around. You shouldn't need to use the keyboard if you have a scroll wheel.

To be more accurate, the scroll wheel zooms in and out, rotate works by holding down the scroll wheel and moving the mouse, pan works by holding down the middle mouse and the shift key and moving the mouse. I can answer the easy questions on this board......no problem,(HAHA) I'll leave the hard questions to the other more experienced.

Ctrl+MMB allows rotation around the axis coming out of the screen and a more controllabl zoom. Move the mouse left-right (rotating) or up-down (zoom) Shift+MMB allows you to pan by moving the mouse.

Thanks for the replies. I've tried everything that you guys have described and when using the middle mouse button (which is also the scroll wheel) and all I can get the model to do is zoom, no matter which way I move the mouse or whether or not I use the shift or control keys.

Hi Ryan, try this link. http://www.ptc.com/community/proewf2/newtools/index.htm Hope it helps. Regards Jürgen

We had same issue here in some machines.What we did is insert the small plug(DO NOT KNOW THE CONFIG.) b/w the mouse and CPU connection. May be your IT team know about it.

Maybe this sounds dumb but, have you checked if your middle mouse button action is assigned to middle button? in the mouse setting from control panel window. It can be set to universal scroll or something else that wont let you use those functions in pro/e Another typical question is, what mouse model are you using anyway?? Regards
Top Tags