cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Probe to anlysis feature

ProFeature
14-Alexandrite

Probe to anlysis feature

Hi,

I want to use the Creo Simulation Live Probe value in Relations.
Is it possible to convert Probe values into analysis features?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

A quick search for "creo simulation live probe" yields among other things, the following:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r10.0/usascii/index.html#page/simulate/simulation_live/querying_results_probe_sim_live.html 

The help file information contained therein tells one how to save a probe in the model as a saved analysis.

Using saved analyses in relations is something I've done for stuff like getting the area of a complicated surface, using a measured distance, etc. It's a nice thing to be able to use, you just have to look into the syntax of how to get the values for your particular saved analysis. i.e. for an area measurement I can assign the measured value to a parameter via a relation like this:

areatot = AREA:FID_MXAREATOT

In this case the pertinent information is as follows:

"areatot" is the parameter I want to assign the measured value to.

"AREA" specifies I want the measured area. for volume it would be "VOLUME", etc. You'll have to figure out what the particular value you want is called by Creo to get to it.

":FID_MXAREATOT" says I am asking for values saved in my model as "MXAREATOT", a name I assigned to the saved analysis when I created it. The ":FID_" is syntax needed to refer to the analysis.

Hopefully this will get you going.

HI, 

Unfortunately your answer does not adress to the need.

What you wrote is true for analysis feature and not for Probes.

From the referenced documentation:

Click Save, specify a name for the probe and click OK to save the probe and add it to the Model Tree.
Probes are also saved as analyses in the model, and can be retrieved by the following methods:
Click Analysis > Saved Analysis.
Click Live Simulation > Query > Saved Analysis.

This led me to believe that the results of the probe are saved as an analysis, since it seems to use the Analysis functionality to do the saving.
ProFeature
14-Alexandrite
(To:KenFarley)

Hi @KenFarley 

Probe behaves differently and there is a distinction between the analysis feature and Saved Analysis. For instance, MODS does not support the use of CSL's Probe. I'm not referring to those Creo Ansys Simulation Probes that are limited to staring.

I decided to refer someone to the community, After reading the help pages about it.

-Thanks

Yeah, I guess it's always Analysis Features I use. Looks like the only way to access the numbers from these things is if you manually copy the value to a parameter. Not a very good "solution" if you want to call it that.

Announcements

Top Tags