cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Re: Press Fit Contact analysis with thermal load, finite friction and large deformation (CREO4)

h__
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Re: Press Fit Contact analysis with thermal load, finite friction and large deformation (CREO4)

As per the original post

Hello All,

i am trying to do press fit simulation with friction free contact, but i found that the difference between calculated contact pressure and simulated contact pressure is very large. Moreover i need to do modal analysis of the pressfit contact to find natural frequency. As the Modal analysis ignores the contact interfaces, i am trying to idealize the press fit contact by spring element. But can anyone suggest, how may i calculate the spring stiffness of the press fit contact.

I have attache zip file consisting CAD models and the Mathcad calculation.

Your feedback would be much appreciated.

Harsh_Rao_0-1669973739434.png

Harsh_Rao_1-1669973829474.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
h__
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:rrabe)

Hii,

many thanks for ssuch a detailed explaination. It is really helpful. Yes i found some difference in the contact pressure at the interface compared to calculation. As you suggested i will create local volumes and will try again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rrabe
8-Gravel
(To:h__)

Hi,

I would simplify your simulation considering that you will not lose your preload during a modal analysis. It does not matter if you evaluation bolted surfaces or press fit. As soon as the contact is not lost you can take as two parts fully connected. Just make the contact interface with the same diameter and let Creo bond the contact surface for example.

Modal analysis will not consider that you may lose contact and thus your eigenmodes will change. For this you would need another kind of vibration analysis and check if the forces in the interface are still below the designed preload forces in the interface.

You are running a Creo student version, and this means that there are problems to open it with official Creo. Have sure that you are modeling the interface correctly for press-fit and if there are substantial changes in stress my advice is to create local volumes and refine the mesh.

From your calculation, if you have the friction coefficient and the torque the open question is what the minimal press fit force must be. You can go to simple press fit equations for shafts and after, if you wish, to go to more complex simulations using infinite friction and slippage indicators as the one in the attached paper (page 42 on).

h__
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:rrabe)

Hii,

many thanks for ssuch a detailed explaination. It is really helpful. Yes i found some difference in the contact pressure at the interface compared to calculation. As you suggested i will create local volumes and will try again.

Top Tags