cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Simple FEA Simulation

rubenvillarreal
13-Aquamarine

Simple FEA Simulation

Hello all,

I am happy to be here again. Now I am having a serious problem with one of the examples of the verification guide of Creo Simulate. I do not understand why my simulation is wrong, I cannot get the correct displacement and I don't know if I am missing something. I will attach the model, the correct results and procedure are in the next image (or link - mvss001 exercise)...

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_sim/usascii/#page/sim%2Fsimulate%2Fverify%2Fs_static.html%23

problem.png

7 REPLIES 7

i don't have creo 4

example attached: L-01-61 independent mechanica

I believe that I have to post another question to figure it out how to open this haha!

Thanks anyway!

OK

not_creo.JPG

You need MECHANICA STRUCTURE independent mode (xxx.mdb Database)

please install this befor Creo 2

regards

paul

the_verification_guide.JPG

the verification guide is not creo simulate

I am afraid that this is more complex.

Quoting from the web page "The Verification Guide uses a series of problems, based on finite element models and mechanism analysis models for which analytic solutions are known, to demonstrate the accuracy and efficiency of Creo Simulate in the design analysis process."

Now, the results that they have there, are correct. However, the guy that posted that page, did a lot of mistakes. Just replacing a + for a -, and the analysis fails. That's the reason why it was driving me crazy. Check this case for example (see image).

In that, I HAD TO GO TO THE REFERENCES to figiure it out that it was bad.

I don't have many sources to learn, and to answer the classic question, how do you know your analysis is correct?

Based on that, I can study this thing, and compare it with the guide, but well, if there are errors, it is like useless.

I am planing to solve each problem of this guide (even if that requires go to the references of each problem). and create a library here, so we can post how do we solve these problems, and share... Just an idea, I will ask the help of the community also.

Untitled.jpg

my book

regards

paul

Thank you for your help, unfortunately I don't speak german.

Top Tags