cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Simulate and specific Creo core license types

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Simulate and specific Creo core license types

We have a user who is trying to use our Simulate (MECELITEENG_License, MECELETEUI_License) license, but is being told that functionality is unlicensed. Currently, the core Creo licenses we have are

PROE_DesignEss

PROE_EssentialsI

PROE_EssentialsIIM

I'm suspecting the Simulate license will only work with one of these core Creo licenses, and not the others. Thus, when this user pulls a license, if they get one of the other "flavors", they can't use Simulate. Is my suspicion correct? Is Simulate set up to only work with a specific type of PROE_XXXX license?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@KenFarley wrote:

We have a user who is trying to use our Simulate (MECELITEENG_License, MECELETEUI_License) license, but is being told that functionality is unlicensed. Currently, the core Creo licenses we have are

PROE_DesignEss

PROE_EssentialsI

PROE_EssentialsIIM

I'm suspecting the Simulate license will only work with one of these core Creo licenses, and not the others. Thus, when this user pulls a license, if they get one of the other "flavors", they can't use Simulate. Is my suspicion correct? Is Simulate set up to only work with a specific type of PROE_XXXX license?

Hi,

AFAIK you can combine MECELITE with any Creo license.

1.)

Creo psf file (eg. parametric.psf) must contain path to license information in ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE line

2.)

MECELITE info must be included in feature.dat file. In my installation it is:

C:\PTC\Creo7_020\Creo 7.0.2.0\Common Files\mech\text\licensing\mech\feature.dat

MEC_BASIC_UI "<No license features>"
MEC_BASIC_ENG "<No license features>"
STRUCT_UI "<No license features>"
STRUCT_ENGINE "<No license features>"
STRUCT_THERMAL_UI "<No license features>"
STRUCT_THERMAL_ENGINE "<No license features>"
MEC_ELITE_UI "MECELITEUI_License"
MEC_ELITE_ENG "MECELITEENG_License"

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@KenFarley wrote:

PROE_DesignEss

PROE_EssentialsI

PROE_EssentialsIIM

Hi,

AFAIK you can combine MECELITE with any Creo license.

1.)

Creo psf file (eg. parametric.psf) must contain path to license information in ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE line

2.)

MECELITE info must be included in feature.dat file. In my installation it is:

C:\PTC\Creo7_020\Creo 7.0.2.0\Common Files\mech\text\licensing\mech\feature.dat

MEC_BASIC_UI "<No license features>"
MEC_BASIC_ENG "<No license features>"
STRUCT_UI "<No license features>"
STRUCT_ENGINE "<No license features>"
STRUCT_THERMAL_UI "<No license features>"
STRUCT_THERMAL_ENGINE "<No license features>"
MEC_ELITE_UI "MECELITEUI_License"
MEC_ELITE_ENG "MECELITEENG_License"

Martin Hanák

Thanks, Martin.

I remember in past times I had to manually edit in those two lines because the automatic license file generator wouldn't do them right. Since the person trying to grab a license is at another site, they probably didn't have those two lines set up right. Hopefully that will be the way to fix it.

Top Tags