cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Simulation CREO Material

AS_8634671
9-Granite

Simulation CREO Material

Hallo,

I have a problem with my simulation......

no matter what material I use for my simulation the result remains the same. I may have a bad configuration of CREO...  someone has already had this problem an can help me?

thanks a lot

16 REPLIES 16
Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:AS_8634671)

You are going to need to provide more information. Likely causes:

1. Your input is using the wrong units and is just over whelming the results regardless of what material you choose (what is your load?)
  2. Your material files do not have accurate material properties (can you share a screenshot?)
  3. You have a degree of freedom that is very weak (ie a low stiffness spring) and that is just absorbing all of the energy

The more information you can provide the better the answer you are going to get.

Hallo Chris3,

thank you for your response

I try to load the Plate to breaking  strength (15KN) but I always get a very high stress at one point (see attachment)

Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:AS_8634671)

Material values look ok

It looks like you have two different loads being applied its unclear how they are being applied. It also appears that you have the 3 front surfaces constrained in all degrees of freedom. Is this part welded and then there is a load being applied on the half spheres? If not how is the load being applied? I question whether or not all 3 of those surfaces are really constrained in all degrees of freedom in your real application. Stresses can be very high when you over constrain the geometry so it has no where to go. In real life though this is likely not the case. It will twist and or translate to relieve the stress.

When you change the material is the stress always 3206.51 or does the number change even a little bit?

Are the units in your model set to mmNS and not mmKgS? That would throw your results of by a factor of 9.81.

I simulated this in mmNs

The stress pattern looks good. Have you done a rough hand calculation to get a ballpark figure of what your stress results should be?

Yes... with this breaking force, I expect a Stress_Max of max 700Mpa

Frage: hast Du in der Analysedefinition "Plastizität" angehakt?

Question: did you check "plasticity" in the analysis definition?

I have defined (attachment) the analysis like this. A non-linear analysis does not work with it

Translated by Andra Chirila using Google Translate on April 26th, 2023
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ich habe (Anhang) die Analyse so definiert. Eine nichtlineare Analyse funktioniert damit nicht

Die Mehrfachkonvergenz wird in den nichtlinearen Analysen nicht unterstützt,

Du musst auf die Einschritt-Konvergenz umschalten...

Multiple convergence is not supported in the nonlinear analyses,

You have to switch to the one-step convergence...

I get (attachment) an error message again :((

Translated by the Community Moderation using Google Translate
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ich bekomme (Anhang) wieder eine Fehlermeldung :((

my example

Please check that you have sent the correct example...

thank you 🙂

2023-04-27_Analysis_Definition.png

-> analysis definition in my example

For a single material, single component the stress is not a function of material. Try changing materials dramatically and look at the deflection instead.

Indeed! Please recall that "stress = force / area" - material properties are not part of this 1st principal relation. Always review displacement magnitudes and their exaggerated animation before making conclusions...and always review other stresses besides von Mises (like max & min principal)...and check your strains when applying polymers!

Announcements

Top Tags