cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary: How do you make a chain "move"?

unknown1
1-Newbie

Summary: How do you make a chain "move"?

Summary: I only got a couple of "hits" on this one.
I haven't had the opportunity to try the suggestions but I'm leaning towards giving Dan's suggestion a try.

On a side note, I was informed that Dell is coming out with a 17" Precision M90 laptop within the next month or two. This references a question I asked last week about laptop suggestions.

Here are the responses:

Paul,
I've done this with a slot definition & cams. I use the slot to have one link of the chain follow thru the path of the entire chain (I only included about 4 or 5 links due to time constraints). Then I defined a cam (with lift-off) between the pin in that chain link and all contact surfaces of the sprocket. This was the time consuming part, but I wanted to see the chain move as the sprocket was rotated. Selecting all the contact surfaces on the sprocket was the worst part, the rest was easy.

(Thanks to Dan at Cat)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
Attention: Creo 7.0 Customers
Please consider upgrading
End of Life announcement here.

NEW Creo+ Topics:
PTC Control Center
Creo+ Portal
Real-time Collaboration