cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Troubleshooting a fatal error

tmoser
11-Garnet

Troubleshooting a fatal error

I'm wotking on an FEA model and making geometry changes to address high stress area. Everything had been going smoothly, but I'm now getting a fatal error. The model meshes and all appears to be good, but it won't run. Below is the message in the *.err file. It seems to refer to a link and specific edges. It looks like a geometry problem, but I don't know how to find it. I don't know of a way to search for the link or edges by an ID number.

There are no diagnostic messages when I generate the mesh.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

tmoser_0-1717440461525.png

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:tmoser)

Hi tmoser,

Thank you for your question. 

Your question appears to be well documented, however since there have been no replies, I’d like to recommend bringing more details and context to your initial inquiry. Also, if applicable, could you upload your model. This may increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members.

tmoser
11-Garnet
(To:AndrewK)

I discovered a very small misallignment between holes that were used to create fasteners. They were only off by 0.005 mm! Once I corrected the allignment issue, the model ran.

Later, I ran into similar issues, but all of the holes were alligned correctly. Some of the parts in the model had shelled pairs, so Simulate creates bonding elements between the shells and adjacent solids. I finally suppressed the shelled pairs and the model ran okay. There must have been a problem with those bonding elements, but there is no way to find the problem area.

If there was a way to search using the link and/or the edge ID numbers, that would be very helpful.

Top Tags