cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Use component parameter on User Defined Force inside Creo Mechanism

VR_9713318
8-Gravel

Use component parameter on User Defined Force inside Creo Mechanism

Hello.

Currently, I'm trying to insert inside my Creo Mechanism Analysis the effects of lateral wind. For this I would like to use a force so I can easily turn on and off for each analysis.

Would be nice to have it calculated using the cross-sectional area of the component multiplied by a constant Q (N/mm²).

How can I make available this measure of area (mm²) to the User Defined variables list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Create a parameter using relation. In my case, the value is constant, so I can even do the equation in this step.

WIND_FORCE_BASE=AREA:FID_AREA_BASE*0.001

Inside Creo Mechanism, use Force, Function Type = Constant and instead of type the number for Coefficient A, type "WIND_FORCE_BASE", This will create a direct relation. Accept it and it is done. The amplitude of the Force is now related to the parameter.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Create a parameter using relation. In my case, the value is constant, so I can even do the equation in this step.

WIND_FORCE_BASE=AREA:FID_AREA_BASE*0.001

Inside Creo Mechanism, use Force, Function Type = Constant and instead of type the number for Coefficient A, type "WIND_FORCE_BASE", This will create a direct relation. Accept it and it is done. The amplitude of the Force is now related to the parameter.

Top Tags