cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

VIdeo card for ProEngineer 2001

ptc-2545044
1-Newbie

VIdeo card for ProEngineer 2001

Hello, all. I really appreciate your help with the following problem: We use ProEngineer 2001 in our compamy for creating 3d drawings. Some time ago we decided to upgrade our computers park. We bought several PCs with the MSI Radeon 4550 video cards but with these cards our 3d models function really bed. Rendering is very slow while rotating objects. I thied several versions of ATI driver sets with no luck. Then I raplaced Radeon 4550 videocard with the Geforce 8600GT - rotating became good but now textures refreshing is slow. There were no problems with old Radeon 9550 or x1300 videocards. Please suggest what modern videocards operate normally with ProEngineer 2001. I understand that professional 3d video cards such as FireGl series would be the best choise but they cost much.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Alex, Most modern graphic cards have a Pro/E & Pro/E Wildfire 3D profile in them. You could try setting the 3D profile & see how it goes.. Hope it helps, Rameet

Could you describe in more details what I should do. I am a system administrator and have very few experience in ProEngineer software.

Alex, You can look at the platform support for Pro/E 2001: http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/32351/en/32351en_file1.pdf and verify if your hardware is compatible.

ProE requires a full implementation of OpenGL in your graphic card. You have it in professional cards like NVidia Quadro or ATI Fire, in consumer cards it is more or (mostly) less good. ProE will run on everything provided the graphic is ok.

Will Quadro FX 370 do? It is not expensive and as I can see available.

"Alex Shokotko" wrote:

Will Quadro FX 370 do? It is not expensive and as I can see available.

I found through searching on the web that nvidia cards are some of the best at a resonable price. I have the nvidia quadro fx 380 made by PNY. I have noticed a significant jump in rendering time in terms of rotating and repainting screens. However im a student so im doing fairly simple parts and assemblies that consist of 8 parts or so. I hope this helps. I was just looking through the forum to see if there was any way to modify settings to get maximum performance out of my card. If anyone can help me change settings in the program or with my video driver it would be appreciated
Top Tags