cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

View Styles Carrying Through

svillafuerte
6-Contributor

View Styles Carrying Through

Let me start by saying I have never had a need to use view styles. But, Ihave another site that would like to have an assembly with many components, set upsome different styles to hide multiple components in various setting and then assembly that assembly into another larger assembly using one of the styles created. Is this possible (I'm sure it is and a very basic feature). Since I don't use it, I don't know what to tell him as a fix or even work around other than making family tables suppressing components but that is what the styles are for (at least I thought). I 'm sure he started in the right direction but from here, waht does he do. Or maybe I need to set a config option to allow this to function correctly.

Thanks all, we are using WF 3.0 M020 if it makes any difference.

Shane V.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Shane -

IMHO this task would probably be best handled by using "simplfied representations." You can exclude components/subassys easily, save the sim rep (or several different reps) and then use thesein a higher level simp rep. assembly.

Top Tags