What will Creo Simulate to not show analysis in the analysis definition dialog box and how do I get them to show again?
Creo Parametric Simulate 3.0 M080
Make sure that your working directory is set to where the analyses are.
If they still don't show, we had an instance recently where there was an unusual character in the path to the directory which Creo didn't like - check for those.
Might also be that the full path name for the directory is too long? That's a problem that happens in the manufacturing package when outputting toolpath files. I don't know what the character limit is, but my co-workers managed to exceed it with sentence-like directory names.
Hi Jonathan and Kenneth,
I will keep an eye out for what you described above.
I'm not sure what is going on with my assembly. I have the files in the same location with the same file and analysis name.
After deleting the analysis and recreating them several times after they would not show up in the dialog box after saving the assembly.
Something changed and I'm not sure what. I deleted some contacts that were surfaces and added some component to component contacts.
After doing this now the dialog box appears to be retaining the analysis definitions.
I will keep an eye on this and let you know if I find anything else.
DON ANDERSON wrote:
I have the files in the same location with the same file and analysis name.
Do you mean that in your working directory you have "modelname.prt", together with the results for an analysis called "modelname"?
This is a complete stab in the dark, but I just wonder if this could be what's confusing it... does it make any difference if you give the analysis a different name to the model (and delete any old copies of the "modelname" analysis)?
I've never done it this way so I have no evidence for my hypothesis either way...
Analysis name and model name are different. My naming schema currently as follows;
load case abbreviation _ part or assembly number _ date _ revision so it would like like this UL_8M9999999_05102017_01
which would stand for ultimate load case for 8M9999999 run on 05102017 revision 01
Sorry about the confusion. What I meant to say was I made no changes to the files names, location of the files, nor did I change the analysis names.
I know my analysis name length at the limit (31 char) of what you can enter and my directory name length might be getting close to the limit (77 char total).
Thinking that this might be the issue.