cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

What is the cause for this glitch in Simulate?

JS_9824412
13-Aquamarine

What is the cause for this glitch in Simulate?

JS_9824412_0-1660655761610.png

This is a flat disc inside a stack of hundreds of discs. Is this a prank by a hacker?

(BTW, company is buying Abaqus FEA, after having dropped CREO and started to use SWX. I am supporting Simulate, however, please make these non-stop glitches disappear.)

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know anything about your constraints or loads but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the scale. Per your screenshot, you have a max displacement of 0.00477" and the scale is 369. This combination makes the displacement appear to be 1.76". You're probably plotting your results with the deformed scaling as a percent of model size. Look at the results without the deformed shape or uncheck the % box and enter a more reasonable scale. Another thought, I believe the actual deformed shape uses the displacement magnitude but the color plot is using displacements in the Z direction only in your case. That might be something to experiment with too.

JS_9824412
13-Aquamarine
(To:tmoser)

Good idea, but this is a symmetrical part under a PSD load (vibration analysis). If we pay attention to the coordinate system triad shown in bottom left corner, the deformation is kind of symmetry. however is not symmetrical in local details.

Top Tags