cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

What is the right way to represent spot weld in Creo simulate/ Example please

NR_10501208
7-Bedrock

What is the right way to represent spot weld in Creo simulate/ Example please

What is the right way to represent spot weld in Creo/ Example please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @skunks , as always a great example.

Also, they are treated as beams, and most of the measures you would need are automatically included.

Use result items like:

Quantity:

Beam Resultant

Stress : Beam Tensile...etc

Failure Index (Spot weld material has failure criteria)

Display Location:

Beams (If you only want to show the spot welds)

---------------------------

I have used imported weld point data (tabulated text.pts) to create many spot welds automatically. Only one point needs to be defined and Creo will project to find the intersections to the shell quilts. If you can imagine putting all the welds on a car door from inner to outer sheet metal, an automatic process is pretty useful. This was my only use case for welds and modal analysis was used so I don't know much about analyzing weld quality / stress / failure.

Relevant help documentation:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r10.0/usascii/index.html#page/simulate/simulate/welds_spot.html

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Example of shells attached ...

Thanks @skunks , as always a great example.

Also, they are treated as beams, and most of the measures you would need are automatically included.

Use result items like:

Quantity:

Beam Resultant

Stress : Beam Tensile...etc

Failure Index (Spot weld material has failure criteria)

Display Location:

Beams (If you only want to show the spot welds)

---------------------------

I have used imported weld point data (tabulated text.pts) to create many spot welds automatically. Only one point needs to be defined and Creo will project to find the intersections to the shell quilts. If you can imagine putting all the welds on a car door from inner to outer sheet metal, an automatic process is pretty useful. This was my only use case for welds and modal analysis was used so I don't know much about analyzing weld quality / stress / failure.

Relevant help documentation:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r10.0/usascii/index.html#page/simulate/simulate/welds_spot.html

Top Tags