cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

When Working with a large assembly model, CREO crashes

ptensen
1-Newbie

When Working with a large assembly model, CREO crashes

CREO keeps crashing when working with a large assembly model.  I get message: "Fatal error encountered.  A traceback has been written to...............Please send it to Technical Support."

I found the log, but can't find anywhere on the CREO website where I can send it to Technical support.  No email addresses, etc.  Apparently I have a basic account that doesn't have authority to open a case online.

How do I send it in?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptensen)

As far as the large assembly, have you looked at whether you are running out of RAM and/or hard drive space? If you run out of RAM, Creo will start "paging" to the pagefile on the hard drive. Depending on how your pagefile is set up, hard drive space may become an issue.

For Tech support, you can still call 800-477-6435 to open a support case. You can also upgrade your support account to open a case online if you have the right info (I can't remember now what info you need).

Other than that, are you using simplified reps to manage your large assemblies?

I'll check if it's running out of RAM with the large assembly open.  It does have 16 GB RAM, and lots of space on the hard drive.  I am using simplified reps, and it seems these might be part of the reason it crashes.  It takes a very long time to regenerate the assembly if I make a change to it.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:ptensen)

I found an almost sure-fire way to crash Creo is to make a status change to a layer state and then select another layer and try to make a change before the background processing on the first layer is complete. This is somewhat frustrating when working with an assembly with far more layers than is reasonably required.

Any action in particular for your fatal errors? Also check the trail file to see what the last activity was to see if there is anything in common. It's possible to have a part that Creo chokes on. In the past I've been forced to open certain parts on their own (succeeds) when opening them as part of an assembly retrieval causes a failure.

Two likely 'fixes:"

1) Send data to PTC (if you have tech support maint. contract)

2) Try a different build of Creo.

Top Tags