cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

definition of material

AS_8634671
9-Granite

definition of material

Can someone please help and tell me how to calculate or find the values of " exponent " here (attached) ??

Thanks a lot ...

13 REPLIES 13

2023-05-08_m.png

Thank you very much for your example but i really don't understand how you found this value. it is obtained automatically? how do you fill in this table ?

Thanks a lot...

example: 10.9

2023-05-08_schraube.png

I have once again a problem with the definition of the material for my simulation with CREO... I obtained as Max stress 1500MPs which is in this case the tensile Strength because my simulation is non-Lineare.

I defined my material as follows but i don't get the desired result... can you help me in this case (Attached) ? The Tensile Yield Stress is 900Mpa

Thanks a lot...

What is the elongation at break? You have a high stress value at 3% elongation, is the material brittle?

the material is ductile. the high stress value at approximately 9% elongation

my example att.

Thank you for the example...

one more question: namely_: can the hardening limit be greater than the tensile yield point? Can you please briefly explain to me what the hardening limit is? is there any literature you can recommend me?

Thanks a lot....

Translated by the Community Moderation using Google Translate
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vielen Dank dank für das Beispiel... 

noch eine Frage: und zwar_: kann die Verfestigungsgrenzwert größer sein als der Zug-Streckgrenze ?   Können Sie mir bitte kurz  erklären, was die Verfestigungsgrenzwert ist?  gibt es eine Literatur, die Sie mir empfehlen können ?

thanks a lot....

normally the strain hardening value is equal to the tensile strength value, for very ductile materials (->50% elongation at break). But in this case the elongation at fracture is 9%, so the calculated curve would not be optimal, for this reason in my example the strain hardening value is slightly higher than the tensile strength, but at about 9% about 1500 MPa is applicable.

Do you think there is an explanation why my tensile strength is 2421 MPa (attached), although I entered the same information here? do you know what the problem could be? the tensile strength here should add up to 900 + 690.529 = 1590 Mpa or ?

Thanks so much

Translated by the Community Moderation using Google Translate
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glauben Sie es gibt eine Erklärung, warum die zugfestigkeit bei mir auf 2421 MPa liegt (attached), obwohl ich hier die Gleiche Infos eingegeben habe ? wiessen Sie woran das Problem liegen kann ? die Zugfestigkeit hier sollte die Summe auf 900 + 690,529 = 1590 Mpa oder ?

vielen lieben Dank 🙂

SweetPeasHub_0-1683810131548.png

Usually this data is from real testing like ISO 6892-1., 

SweetPeasHub_1-1683810243789.png

Also , best fit can be done for multiple sample tests or runs.

SweetPeasHub_2-1683810809628.png

You are right. The questioner only uses the yield strength and the tensile strength and the elongation at break. The value in between is selected, but the software seems to produce an error:

2023-05-11error.png

Top Tags