cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

problems with meshing a fairly large assembly.

RM_6856412
2-Guest

problems with meshing a fairly large assembly.

I am using Creo Simulate Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.4.0

I am trying to run a static analysis on an assembly and I cannot get it to mesh. I get degenerate boundary face warnings but the markers are off in space and not on the highlighted part. The parts in question are mirrored parts, yet this same warning was not detected on the parent part? I do not understand what the problem is. Please help with:

1. What is a degenerate boundary face anyway. I cannot find any explanation on what it is.
2. How do you fix it?
3. In general Creo is quick to give warnings, but awful at explaining what it means or how to fix it.

Here are the errors that I faced
degenerate boundary face detected.

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

It looks an accuracy issue..

As per pciture, the highlited surface is very smaller with regarding the length and rearding the whole size of model.

If you check the "Tolerance Report" tool you might see some differences in term of accuracy. Thus ensure align par accuracy for all asm components.

One more thing you could check without touching part accurecy is the "Autogem  Geometry Tolerance":

Another hypothesis is fact of existing Surfaces that meet at a very shallow angle.

Anyway, it would in general be a cad geometry issue more than software one.

Top Tags