cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

"Drainage slope" in Creo?

ptc-5366387
1-Newbie

"Drainage slope" in Creo?

Hello all!

First time poster here and also a recent graduate, so I might not even be using the proper terminology.

I'm making a series of tanks that share walls, with "built-in drainage" since it'll be 3D-printed (see attached file). What I'm trying to add is a slope from the edge of the drain at the bottom of each tank to the edge of all 4 sides of each tank. I want the "rise" of this slope to be 5mm, though this doesn't have to be exact, or I can calculate an angle, etc.

I have absolutely no clue where to start. What function do I use? My "go-to" is Round or Chamfer, but those don't give me control over what the slope is, since this will be rather gentle.

Thank you in advance!!!

Paul

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul,

I added Revolved surface and Solidify feature in Creo Parametric 3.0 M010.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

* I should add that my files are created in the full version of Creo, not the student version so you'll be able to open it. Also, to make things easier, I'm putting a screenshot as well.

I think that what I'm trying to do can be best described as a shower drain at the center of a shower stall.

Capture2.PNG

Paul,

I added Revolved surface and Solidify feature in Creo Parametric 3.0 M010.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

You are a saint. Thank you! (I too am running Creo Parametric 3.0 M010).

I see you added the feature in the biggest tank, I'll add in the features for the rest. Could you give me a little bit of a walkthrough on how to do this? (teach a man to fish.. lol)

Many, many thanks again and in advance!

Paul,

I am sorry I do not have enough time to create detailed tutorial for you. I can provide you a couple of tips...

If you want to know how specific feature is built, select it on Model Tree, press right mouse button and use Edit Definition command. Then examine feature section and feature settings.

Revolve feature:

• it is created as SURFACE feature - Surface button is pressed in feature UI
  • section is related to the hole you made in tank bottom
  • diameter dimension value must ensure that the surface goes beyond the outline of tank bottom (reorient the model to see it from TOP)

Solidify feature:

• uses Revolved surface as reference
  • is adding material under Revolved surface

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

One last question. So I created the revolves as surfaces, but can't for the life of me get the solidify feature to work. I can't seem to select the right "quilt"? I haven't worked with quilts before, so I might be completely misunderstanding. I attached my file again, with the revolves added.

Paul,

Revolved surface MUST be in contact with tank bottom. To achieve this, you can modify dimension 15 to 10 and regenerate the model. Then select Quilt and apply Solidify feature.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thank you!!!

Top Tags