cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

"Perfect Mesh" Bevel Gears

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

"Perfect Mesh" Bevel Gears

In the past, it has been a bother to make proper involute gear teeth on the fly.

I have therefore resorted to "perfect mesh" cylindrical teeth in my gear sets for CAD purposes.

For some reason, these are not practical in the real world, but in CAD, they are easy to manage.

...until I tried a bevel gear, that is.

Rather than get into a long conversation about how the geometry is defined, I opted to provide the model and let you take a look for yourself.

Please post comments as questions arise and I will reply in the comments below.

The attached ZIP file has the appropriate assembly, part model, animation file, and mechanism file.

bevel_dev_120x120.gifclick on the small image to start the animation

round_tooth_bevel_gears.PNG

Enjoy.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

This is cool.  Someone thought it was a good idea

The spur profile is simplified, but generally the right idea.

Nexen Product Navigation

Rotary_Motion.gif

Top Tags