cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

specific mold clearances

AE_9609989
10-Marble

specific mold clearances

Good morning everyone,

I've been working on a puzzle recently, and I could use some help from the forum.

I want to make a saved mold analysis feature to monitor the clearance between the waterlines and the geometry of the cavity block (see attached part model).  The tricky bit is that my company differentiates between clearance to cavity and shutoff geometry versus clearance to adjacent features like threaded holes for assembly.  In general, the idea is that the clearance between the waterlines and the cavity geometry should be a minimum of 5/8", whereas the clearance between the waterlines and any other feature should be a minimum of 3/8".

Right now, I can do a global mold analysis feature and pay close attention to the coloring to determine if my clearance is okay for the specific features I'm checking, or I can specify a single reference surface to measure clearances from.  What I'd really like to do is make intent reference objects to collect the surfaces of interest (like the cavity surfaces) and then do a saved mold analysis feature that uses the clearance specification of 5/8" to examine the distance between the waterlines and the intent reference that represents the cavity only.  Using the same idea, I'm hoping that I can have a separate saved mold analysis using the 3/8" clearance specification to check the waterline distance relative to a reference that is not the cavity (as an example, say the external walls of the die block)

In short, I'm hoping that there's a way where I can limit the scope of the surfaces that I'm checking clearance between using the mold analysis tool, isolating the results to be between the waterline and a surface reference of my choosing.  Is this possible?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags