cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

warning-Failure to Assemble

StephanKlein
1-Newbie

warning-Failure to Assemble

I'm getting a warning in an assembly that says: Failure to assemble based on current connection definition. Where would I go to find out what parts are causing the problem? Thanks much
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Probably a mechanism assembly connection that is causing problems. Usually a component Z is assembled to component Y in a way that violates the component Z mechanism constraints. Generally, find connections in the mechanism tree. Evaluate the constraints of the mechanisms and the constraints of the children.

If I used a mechanism constraint, it probably isn't what I wanted since this is a static box assy. I'm new on this stuff - where would I find the mechanism tree?

The mechanism tree is an option in the model tree, select Show>Mechanism Tree. Or, turn on connection display with View>Display Settings>Model Display and check Connections box on General tab of Model Display input window, any connections (mechanism constraints) will display on the model. If there are no mechanism constraints, could be a component with predefined interface problems. Start at the top and verify the components are properly constrained. Regards-

I don't see anything like that - we're on WF2.0

That is why you do not see those menus, they were introduced with WF3. In WF2.0, if you have the Mechanism module, and the assembly is assembled with joints (pins,cylinders,etc), activating the Mechanism Application should show joints/connections, motors, etc. as symbols on the models. Besides that, examine each component's assembly constraints (Edit Definition). Begin with the first component and work your way down the model tree. You will be looking for a constraint called a "connection" (joint,cylinder,etc) instead of a "set" (mate,align,insert). A cruder method is to suppress/resume until the message no longer displays. Suppress all components, resume the first component, no message=not this component, continue resuming components until the message is displayed, and you have found the begining of the problem. You can use other patterns of suppress/resume like suppress half, regen, check for error. Check any sub-assemblies for mechanism connections also. Good Luck-
Announcements

Top Tags