cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

welding function problem

opavot
1-Newbie

welding function problem

Dear All I use the pro-welding application to creat welding fillet between my two parts I have no problem but I can only creat a surface welding and not a solid welding Do you know the way to transform my welding as a "solid part" or where I can find a tutorial for Pro-welding Many thanks Olivier
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Looks like you have the weld correctly defined and no there is not a "weld" feature that is completely solid. The only way to make it solid would be to create a new model feature. In the welding module you have lightweight and solid. You have the solid one. It would be nice to have that weld feature solid, but that is how PTC wanted the weld feature. I have been working on the welding stuff over the last week, so I have been quite versed on it. The only weld information I know is in the Pro-E manuals, the pdf ones that are available to download from the support site. Eric

Eric Many thank for explanations . Now I went on the PTC support site , and I don't find the pdf PRO-E manuls , can you give me the path ? Olivier

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jsp?p=browse_results&Product=Pro%2FENGINEER&Release=Wildfire+4.0&DocType=&Role= Look for "help topic collections" its at the bottom of the web page. It is a large zip file of many Pro-E modules. Eric
Top Tags