1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Resellers & Service Provider to ALD (3B2/APP) users in the production & BPO industry
2. What product and version are you currently running? ALD/ALE/APP/3B2 version 8 through to version 12.1 & PE 6-8
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Many users of ALD (3B2/APP) that maintain legacy documents created prior to V11.0 M030 cannot upgrade their software to take advantage of all the great new features in ALD or to use ALE/PE due to one change that was made in V11.0 M030 (SPR2147087). This related to the calculation of TrueType font metrics from 3B2's own traditional type1/.fnt based method to using the fonts own metrics. Yes this is better going forward, but it results in changing line endings in documents previously created and PDF/archived prior to this version, something which many publishers will not accept, so the providers are stuck and not able to upgrade beyond V11.0 M030. Having a special mode e.g. fParagraph.oldMetrics; or some JS adjustment calculation function based on the old method to provide a way to match line endings would be ideal if possible.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Ability to migrate users from pre V11.0 M030 to post V11.0 M030 and on to ALE & PE. We know of at least 3 BPO companies facing this issue.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Benificial value to our customers, all traditional 3B2/APP users and PTC in the ability to upgrade