cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher(APP): About the imported PDF, We want to support PS print

Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher(APP): About the imported PDF, We want to support PS print

About the imported PDF, We want to support PS print

The manual has the description as follows.

Imported PDF pages can only be used in documents printed to PDF.

https://support.ptc.com/cs/help/arbortext_hc/app111_hc/apppdfconfig-m010/help27675.html#styler-id1.1.1.7.1

6 Comments
ChrisWestern
6-Contributor
With V11.1 M090 in December 2017 there will be support for PDF forms so I am told. This should be the final supported areas needed to provide all of the things you used to have to do with manual/custom processes done on pre/post processing PS files. Items such as annotations, notes, mouse overs, links etc. Direct print PDFlib also supports many other things already like layers, tagged PDF, colour management, XMP etc etc. Support for PS is unlikely to be expanded i understand and PDFlib already provides much more functionality out of the box to utilise. If there is something PDFlib cannot do that you need it would be interesting to hear about it.
myamaguchi-2
3-Visitor

If the following problem is settled, I think that I can shift to a PDF print.

---------------------

article - CS267236

File size is a lot larger if published direct to PDF in Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher
https://www.ptc.com/ja/support/article?n=CS267236&source=Case%20Viewer#_ga=2.78796948.1253581270.1513732016-2056067764.1429835010

---------------------

sample00.jpg

GarethOakes
16-Pearl

I don't think PDF file size issues are easy to resolve in APP. Instead you can load the APP PDFs into Acrobat or some other tool and use their features to shrink each PDF.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: New Idea

bfriesen
16-Pearl

I second this requirement. We are using PE and from the PE editor version on the server you can choose postscript.appcfg, but from the client editor you cannot. Print composer has the ability to do this. Out of all the customization that you can do with PE, I cannot see why this option is left out.

Bryon 

SimonTaylor
12-Amethyst
Status changed to: No Plans to Implement