cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Bring the Arbortext Connection to Windchill forward 10 years

Bring the Arbortext Connection to Windchill forward 10 years

The Arbortext connection to Windchill does not handle current standards. While nearly ALL other PTC products connect to Windchill via a Workgroup Manager or in the case of Creo Parametric through a more embedded browser. Arbortext does not handle authentication with Active directory.

Over the past weekend we moved our Windchill servers from Apache to ISS to support single sign (SSO) on and SSL for https:.Arbortext cannot be configured to deal with this. My only option now is to essentially export all our Dynamic Documents out of Windchill to a file server and manage it old school.

This is a struggle since for our company at least since one of the top 3 reasons for using Arbortext was it's connection to Windchill. We desperately need Arbortext to be treated with the same level of importance as all the other PTC apps that connect to Windchill.

2 Comments
craymond
11-Garnet

I believe this is related to Enhance Arbotext authentication mechanism.  Hopefully, there is a common way to solve all of these issues.

smaclean
4-Participant

Yes I think you are right. I had opened this as requested by the developer that was looking at my issue. I should have searched better before opening this one I guess.