cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The PTC Community email address has changed to community-mailer@ptc.com. Learn more.

Centered headings

Centered headings

When composing centered text - generally, headings - if the text flows onte 2 lines, FOP seems to balance the line length : 

FOP-centered-heading.png

Same text composed by APP :

APP-centered-heading.png

Of course it's possible to balance the line programmatically, but an built-in option would be interesting !

4 Comments
GarethOakes
16-Pearl

I think it would be a helpful feature but I'm sure we already solved this with try tables in the past.

jtripoz
3-Visitor

Hi Gareth,

You're right, it's possible to do it with try tables. I made it when we started using APP, to make headers with a 'potatoe shape' when on 3 lines (the middle line had to be a bit larger than the 1st and 3rd). But it was a little bit tricky...

Here I would rather measrure the whole text, measure a space, split the text on spaces, measure each chunk then decide where to fold, then add a <br /> at this place and 'mark' the paragraph to not process it again if reformating.

But... a built-in option would be easier to use !!

I've just had a look to InDesign CC 2019, it has the option :

CenteredInDesign.jpg

J.

GarethOakes
16-Pearl

You've got my vote - I think it would be a cool feature to have baked in, particularly if there some optimisations made that improved the processing speed over the trytables algorithm.

SimonTaylor
11-Garnet
Status changed to: Under Consideration