cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Enhanced baselineShift

0 Kudos

Enhanced baselineShift

Autoleading mechanism doest not consider baselineShift. 

If we want to align correctly inline equations whose baseline is not at the v-center of the image, it is possible to move them vertically but... only graphically, 3B2 still consider the image without the baselineShift so autoleading might not work as expected.

Adding a option to <?tvs > PI fStyle.baselineShift which would instruct 3B2 to consider the baselineShift in its autoleading mechanism might solve this.

6 Comments
GarethOakes
16-Pearl

Hi Jacques, I understand what you're saying but I believe tvs/baselineshift is intended to work as you describe. It removes the content from the usual flow, hence the baseline (and x-position of following text) should not be adjusted due to tvs/baselineshift. In other customer templates we have aligned inline equations as you mention using TeX commands and this did work with autoleading correctly. I can try to dig out some code if you like.

jtripoz
3-Visitor

Hi Gareth,

I would be pleased if you could give me a simple example showing how to do this in TeK !

But I think adding a option to tvs would be easier:
<?tvs 10pt> or <?tvs 10pt, 0> => work as usually, just move graphically
<?tvs 10pt,1 > => move the baseline graphically but consider the shift for autoleading process

And of course a new property in fStyle, eg fStyle.baselineShiftAutoleading => if 0 (default) do not consider the shift for autoleading - as now - if 1 => consider it.

J.

GarethOakes
16-Pearl

Try something like the following within a <?tal=1> paragraph:

<$>\vskip-15truept\colorbox{red}{123\over123\over123}<$>

The \vskip command will shift the baseline while enabling the autoleading to work correctly. You can adjust vskip to positive or negative values.

jtripoz
3-Visitor

Thx, I'll try !

SimonTaylor
12-Amethyst
Status changed to: Acknowledged

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.