The PTC Community email address has changed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more.
Lets assume the following process :
- I have to modify an EPMDocument in Windchill, but this document is at Validated (or more) state
- Before revising the document, I open it in Arbortext, in order to check the content
- My company disallow to use the "Revise" action from Windchill (in order to simplify the adoption, the lifecycle should be only processed on Windchill side)
- To revise my document, I close the EPMDocument opened in Arbortext, go back to Windchill and then revise the document
At this point, if I try to open the EPMDocument, the following dialog pop :
All what I can do is:
- Cancel my action (document is not opened)
- Open the out of date document (Windchill' ACL does not allow me to check-out it)
The proposed enhancement is to add a 3rd action (and modify the actual message) :
- Update and open document (in order to recover the last version-iteration of my document, and not something taken from an out-of-date workspace)
Actually, the only way to get my updated document is :
- Open the out of date document
- Perform an "File > Update Document"
This is not really user-friendly (and does not work if the user uses the "File > Recently accessed" shortcuts, or lets his document opened in Arbortext during the Windchill side Revision).
What are your feelings about this ergonomical issue ?
This is a good idea and one we will investigate as an enhancement. I will keep you posted when/if this gets slated for a development cycle.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.