1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Electrical Distribution Industry with Technical Writers producing Technical Manuals
2. What product and version are you currently running? Arbortext Editor 22.214.171.124
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Currently PDF publishing from DITA/XML content will properly publish Topic and Section IDs as Adobe PDF Destination links using the ID attribute value (which makes it easy for software teams to direct customers to a specific location in a PDF document). IndexTerm IDs, however, are ignored and instead a randomly generated value (i.e. idxmk:mk1A7137FB) is created. It would be beneficial to instead publish the ID attribute value of the IndexTerm entered (with assign values) and use these values when directing customers to specific locations in PDFs as Adobe PDF Destination links.
4. What is the use case for your organization? PDFs created by Technical Writers are provided to internal software teams to build software help (F1) addresses using Adobe PDF Destination links.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? This would save a great deal of time and coordination by replacing the manually build destinations links that are required today.