1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Marine industry.
2. What product and version are you currently running? Creo Parametric 22.214.171.124
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. For 3D-annotated assembly and installation drawings I would like to have the ability to select a model as reference instead of only surfaces. The function missing in Creo Parametric could be or should at least be compatible to the function already existing in Creo View for notes with leader in the markup-tab. One leader pointing at the model but with the whole model highlighted when clicking on the annotation with the reference.
Picture 1 Creo Parametric, Picture 2 Creo View
4. What is the use case for your organization? This is connected with the areas where we are now using 3D-annotated models.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? For small components a reference to a surface in a large 3d-assembly can be very hard to detect and therefore can be misleading. With the ability to chose the whole model as reference it will be easier to detect and also more correct for annotations connected to the model and not a specific surface of the model. The types of annotations in specific could be positioning numbers and notes for installation for the component, which is a majority of the total annotations at this level of drawing for our organization.