cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How do I associate an application with a graphic so that when I double-click on the graphic in Arbortext, it opens in the Editor of my choice (Photoshop)? So I can then edit it and save it?

azibuck
5-Regular Member

How do I associate an application with a graphic so that when I double-click on the graphic in Arbortext, it opens in the Editor of my choice (Photoshop)? So I can then edit it and save it?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Andy--

Arbortext uses the Windows "default program" configuration to decide how to handle opening graphic files for editing. If you set up Photoshop as the default editing program for *.tif files, that should be all you need to do.

You can do this by finding a *.tif file in Windows Explorer, right-clicking on it, selecting Open With...->Choose Default Program. Choose Photoshop there (you might have to select "Others" at the bottom and go find the Photoshop executable, if Photoshop doesn't appear in the list). That should take care of it.

--Clay

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Andy--

Arbortext uses the Windows "default program" configuration to decide how to handle opening graphic files for editing. If you set up Photoshop as the default editing program for *.tif files, that should be all you need to do.

You can do this by finding a *.tif file in Windows Explorer, right-clicking on it, selecting Open With...->Choose Default Program. Choose Photoshop there (you might have to select "Others" at the bottom and go find the Photoshop executable, if Photoshop doesn't appear in the list). That should take care of it.

--Clay

azibuck
5-Regular Member
(To:ClayHelberg)

Would that be something that requires me to restart me PC? Because when I double-click on any .tif file in Windows Explorer now, it does open with Photoshop. But from Arbortext, I still get that error. (I have closed AT completely and re-opened).

azibuck
5-Regular Member
(To:azibuck)

Actually, maybe forget that. I can get it to work in a different xml file. Perhaps it's something in the naming convention for that one publication I'm working on.

OK, glad it's working for you now.

This half works for me:

- If I'm editing a file that is saved locally, double-clicking a graphic opens it as expected.

- However, if I view or edit a topic that is in Windchill, I get the above warning.

Is there something I need to set up on the server side?

Top Tags