cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How do I install a custom toolbar that I have, for another user?

azibuck
5-Regular Member

How do I install a custom toolbar that I have, for another user?

We have two custom toolbars. A co-worker got a new PC and when Arbortext was installed on it, it didn't have these two custom toolbars. Basic question: how do I get them for her? Ancillary question: Where the heck do I find them on my install (the files, not the toolbar). In this screenshot, I have the option to show GC Tools and GC Views. On hers, these options are not there. How do I make it happen?

AT_toolbars.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
azibuck
5-Regular Member
(To:azibuck)

I compared
\\users\[my computer name]\AppData\Local\PTC\Arbortext\Editor\.aptcache\zc
\\users\[her computer name]\AppData\Local\PTC\Arbortext\Editor\.aptcache\zc

She had nothing in the zc folder. I had a folder there that included subfolders including one called custom that contained editwindow.xml, that called in the toolbars. I copied the whole subfolder structure from my zc folder to hers and now she's got the toolbars.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
azibuck
5-Regular Member
(To:azibuck)

I compared
\\users\[my computer name]\AppData\Local\PTC\Arbortext\Editor\.aptcache\zc
\\users\[her computer name]\AppData\Local\PTC\Arbortext\Editor\.aptcache\zc

She had nothing in the zc folder. I had a folder there that included subfolders including one called custom that contained editwindow.xml, that called in the toolbars. I copied the whole subfolder structure from my zc folder to hers and now she's got the toolbars.

Top Tags