cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Update File Name paths quickly?

adambernardi
3-Visitor

Update File Name paths quickly?

We are using a template of files that I run a macro to update all the file names to a new project name. Is there any way within Arbortext to update the file name paths quickly (rather than manually)?

InDesign has a built in feature to "update links" that works well... just curious if there i something for Arbortext.

We are using Arbortext 7.0 

Here is the screenshot:

In the example below, all the "xxxx_" needs to be updated to "desired_project_name_"

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know of a feature like this OOTB. Personally, when I have to do this sort of thing, I will open the file(s) in a text editor and do a simple search/replace.

It wouldn't be hard to write a script in ACL to do the job, just iterate over the href-type attributes and do the string substitution for each one (and recurse over referenced documents, if appropriate).

--Clay

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know of a feature like this OOTB. Personally, when I have to do this sort of thing, I will open the file(s) in a text editor and do a simple search/replace.

It wouldn't be hard to write a script in ACL to do the job, just iterate over the href-type attributes and do the string substitution for each one (and recurse over referenced documents, if appropriate).

--Clay

Excellent, thanks Clay! That's exactly what I was thinking we would need to do, but wanted to make sure there wasn't an OOTB solution for this.

Top Tags