cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

2010 ptc/user grass-roots call for papers

jsulak
1-Newbie

2010 ptc/user grass-roots call for papers

Hello Adepters,

It's that time again. The deadline for submitting abstracts for the 2010 PTC/User World Event is this Friday. Even if you've never presented before, you should submit an abstract. Although the deadline is looming - this Friday! - putting together an abstract really isn't that much work. At this point, you just need an idea, not a fully developed presentation. And everybody has an interesting project to brag about or techniques to share.

Presenting sounds intimidating, but it's not. It's fun, even. I first presented two years ago at the 2008 Event. It was my first time presenting at any conference of any kind, and it couldn't have been a better experience. By presenting, I learned more and talked more shop with other Arbortext users than I did during my first PTC/User, when I didn't present.

Of course, I'm not really pitching this out of altruism. I want more Adepters to present because it makes PTC/User better, for me. PTC product demonstrations are great, but the real value of the conference comes from the technical presentations of real users doing real Arbortext development.

There are some past PTC/User presenters and attendees - many of which you'd recognize from Adepters - who are ready and willing to help any potential presenters pick a topic, review abstracts, and later, give feedback on the actual presentations. Later, they'll become friendly faces in the crowd when you finally get on stage. These people were a great help to me as I navigated the presentation process for the first time. Contact me or Paul Nagai (-) if you're interested.

Summing up: As Clay Helberg has said in the past, the benefits of presenting at the PTC/USER World Event are:

1)Free admission to the conference
2)Recognition from your peers in the Arbortext user community
3)Increasing your professional profile for yourself and your organization

The deadline to submit abstracts is this Friday, January 8th, 2010. Hope to see you in Orlando.

2 REPLIES 2

I echo everything James said!

An abstract requires:
* Title (limit 80 chars)
* Abstract (limit 350 chars)
* Full Description (not sure if there's a character limit ... attachments
are supported, though, so ...).

One of my current abstract's draft's Full Description had 365 words, about
150 of which are standard corporate text pulled from our about page on the
web.

I will gladly help anyone prepare and submit their abstract. I can provide
the three abstracts I have (or am about to) submitted as templates, if you
think that would help.

Hope to hear from you!

lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:jsulak)

I want to thank everyone who submitted. So many submissions came in the last
couple of days that I think we've got a great conference ahead.

For the first time ever, there's a Hacking IsoDraw presentation from one of
the best known folks doing IsoDraw.

There's also a couple of APP presentations (in addition to something special
WRT APP).

Some strategic presentations and some technical.

All-in-all Very Exciting!

Top Tags