cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

3D Model supports in Arbortext Editor

BALAAJ
1-Newbie

3D Model supports in Arbortext Editor

I would like to import 3D model in DITA Architecture by Arbortext Editor and same to be rendered as PDF. The 3D Model should be having the possibility of changing the orientations, explode, zoom in/out in PDF. Is it possible with the Arbortext Editor?

Also what are the graphics / animation files format supported by Arbortext Editor in DITA?

Note: We tried inserting *.u3d format in PDF directly using Acrobat Professional 9.0. It worked out.

Thanks in Advance!

- Bala AJ-

3 REPLIES 3

One of the most asked questions lately. The answer is:

"3D publishing in PDF is on the plan. Our PDF library can accept U3D objects so we will build on that. The objective is to provide a similar experience to HTML."

Simon Taylor - APP and Styler Product Manager

SimonTaylor
12-Amethyst
(To:BALAAJ)

Hi

I'd like to confirm that we are looking at providing 3D support in our PDF output. As Dimitry replied, we are looking to build on our current PDF library to provide a user experience similar to that which we provide in our HTML output. U3D will be the 3D model format we focus on as this can be provided by our illustration tools and is supported by the PDF library.

It would be very interesting to hear your use-cases and to understand your requirements in more detail to ensure the development we undertake will meet your needs. If you (or anyone else reading this) would like to contact me to provide this kind of information, then I'd be very happy to hear from you.

Thanks

Simon

arupkundu
5-Regular Member
(To:SimonTaylor)

can you please tell me how to add .u3d graphic file in arbortext editor and published to pdf?

how to add audio and video file in arbortext editor and publish in pdf?

can you please explain in detail on how to modify stylesheet for the same

Top Tags