cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

ACL Training!

raj.pasumarthi
1-Newbie

ACL Training!

Hi,
We are looking for any ACL training targeted for Developers. I contacted PTC and it seems the self-training they used to offer was discontinued. Wondering if they are any third party vendor classes or self training targeted for ACL Development.

Thanks,
Raj Pasumarthi

7 REPLIES 7

Raj,

You can see if PTC University will still sell you the old version of the course. It may be "at you own risk" since it's been been discontinued. But there is still lots of good information and foundation level lessons you can learn from in there.

The only other way is to read through the Online Help and some of the Customizers guides distributed with Arbortext.

If they sell it to you I want to know about it. I could use it.

Makes three of us!

Steve Thompson
+1(316)977-0515

Make that everyone on this list ;).

John Sillari
Chief Technologist
Technical Services Division
Dayton T. Brown, Inc.

On Dec 2, 2011, at 10:47, "EXT-Thompson, Steve" <steve.thompson2@boeing.com<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:steve.thompson2@boeing.com">>">mailto:steve.thompson2@boeing.com>> wrote:

Makes three of us!

Steve Thompson
+1(316)977-0515

I may still have the course material from when they taught the class in Ann Arbor.

If it hasn't changed that much, it wasn't all the deep, Good for a non-programmer like me.

The on line help in the help center is a good source if you have any understanding of programming.

Lynn

---- "sillari wrote:
> Make that everyone on this list ;).
>
> John Sillari
> Chief Technologist
> Technical Services Division
> Dayton T. Brown, Inc.
>
> On Dec 2, 2011, at 10:47, "EXT-Thompson, Steve" <steve.thompson2@boeing.com<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:steve.thompson2@boeing.com">>">mailto:steve.thompson2@boeing.com>> wrote:
>
> Makes three of us!
>
> Steve Thompson
> +1(316)977-0515
>

Hi all,

I am looking into the feasablity of still purchasing this course, will let you know what I find out. As already mentioned, it has some good foundation information, regardless of what version of the product you may currently be on (although there are new calls and parameters that are introduced over the years).

Happy Monday!

Pushpinder

As I recall, there were two parts to this course. An introductory, self-paced course, followed by an instructor-led course. I signed up for the self-paced about 10 years ago (if I recall correctly) with the intention of attending the instructor-led course. I was immediately disappointed as the materials for the self-paced version were already out-of-date (for a previous version of Epic). At the same time, Arbortext discontinued the instructor-led course. The self-paced materials are still on my shelf and we decided to not spend a lot of resources customizing the editor. So, I'd be surprised if the old material is of much use unless PTC is planning to update everything.

Dave
Top Tags