cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

APP Desktop

JasonBuss
1-Newbie

APP Desktop

I am trying to find out more about the APP desktop software. Is this the software that is used post-process for formatting clean-up (line breaks, hypenation), therefore not included with the Styler UI? And does anyone have a ballpark on what that particular software lists for?

Jason A. Buss
Sr. Engineering Procedures Analyst
Technical Publications
Textron Aviation
316.517.7749 PHONE
jabuss@txtav.com

[cid:image001.png@01D06B9C.04F268D0]

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Jason,

APP Desktop is the software application originally known as 3B2. The APP technology (without its GUI) has now been bundled inside of all Arbortext print software as the default composition engine.

APP Desktop can be used for a variety of purposes including: developing "native" APP templates, debugging Styler/APP stylesheets or APP templates, manually running print jobs, or making manual adjustments to composed pages. You would have to contact a PTC or partner sales rep in order to obtain accurate pricing; I believe it is more expensive than Editor or Styler.

BTW, the company I am employed by (GPSL) are the worldwide experts in APP technology. We employ a number of APP experts including founding staff and lead technicians from the original 3B2 company.

// Gareth Oakes
// Chief Architect, GPSL
// www.gpsl.co

Hi Jason,

There are a few different variants of APP-D licence types.

Which variant is appropriate and available to your organisation will depend on your requirements, org size and existing setup. But this can scale up from approx $5k upwards.

An APP knowledgable reseller will be able to help you.

Best Regards

Chris

(Also Advent 3B2 / original APP developer technical resources 😉

CEO
www.tformat.com

Top Tags