cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Advise on DITA Machinery task and Side by side procedure

smaclean
4-Participant

Advise on DITA Machinery task and Side by side procedure

We are considering adding the DITA Machinery task and Side by Side Procdure topics to our DTD. Just wondering if anyone else is using them and if there were and concerns or suggestions before we embark. We are slightly concerned since its a specialization that there may be things we are unaware of. ANy input at all is welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Stewart,

I have not added these specializations myself so I don't have any specific tips. However, DITA is meant to be specialized. Machinery and side-by-side are new topic types which actually pose less risk to your current environment as the changes should be pretty well contained to those types. Any risks to your current content should be quite low. These should just extend the current DITA environment.

With any changes to your content model, it is best to identify a batch of sample content to use for testing the specializations and for regression testing current data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Has anyone had experience with DITA specializations, that could advise Stewart even if it is not in his specific area?

Hi Stewart,

I have not added these specializations myself so I don't have any specific tips. However, DITA is meant to be specialized. Machinery and side-by-side are new topic types which actually pose less risk to your current environment as the changes should be pretty well contained to those types. Any risks to your current content should be quite low. These should just extend the current DITA environment.

With any changes to your content model, it is best to identify a batch of sample content to use for testing the specializations and for regression testing current data.

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:smaclean)

Hey Stewart,

Did you have any follow-up questions for the group, or did Jeff address your concerns?

Let us know.  Thanks!

Top Tags