cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Apply Styling to an element

hmungekar
1-Newbie

Apply Styling to an element

I am trying to apply style to title which is located at bookmap-> chapter->topic->title. But the style which i am applying is not reflected on the topic title. Can anyone tell me where should i make changes so that title changes.

ScreenShot025.jpgScreenShot026.jpg

This title only changes if i use title in chapter. But if i use title in chapter to style title element my compound page numbering doesnt work. So please help me on this.ScreenShot027.jpgScreenShot028.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Without seeing your stylersheet for title, it's difficult to know for sure. But judging by what you posted, it sounds like you have a context mismatch.

You said that you're using "title in chapter" as your style. But you are trying to apply the style to title in "topic in chapter."

The "title in chapter" context won't work because Arbortext doesn't search through all child elements from chapter unless you tell it to do so.

Ideally you would need to create a "title in topic" or a "title in topic in chapter" context with the desired styling. Or you can create a context that looks for "chapter" as the ancestor of title: "title anywhere in chapter." I would only do this if you know there will never be any special styling for "title in topic."

I hope that helps!

i have tried all the possible context but the same result. I have tried the following context

1. title in chapter(which works but creates problem for compund page numbering)

2. title in topic in chapter

3. title in topic in chapter in bookmap

4. title in topic

Cannot use title anywhere in chapter as i have section titles in my chapter.

Maybe u didn't select the correct output type?

This is the style sheet i am using.

Top Tags