cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Arbortext 5.4 Tag Template Shortcut

ptc-5908692
1-Newbie

Arbortext 5.4 Tag Template Shortcut

Does anyone know if there is an existing shortcut/hotkey for Tag Templates in Arbortext 5.4? If not, then is there a way to create custom shortcuts/hotkeys?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The acl command to assign a shortcut to the tag templates is:

menu_change .Tools.Tag_Templates... -key 'shortcut'

where shortcut is some key, like 'control-y'

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5908692)

Hi Kenneth,

Are you looking for a shortcut to just bring up the tag tamplates dialog box, or something more to insert a specific tag template to the location where your cursor current is?

Hi Rafel,

After I posted my original question, I find out that I can pull up the Tag Template dialog box by seperately selecting - Alt, T, L. It's definitely quicker than clicking Tools, Tag Templates.

Although, do know of any other hot keys that will either bring up the Tag Templates dialog box or insert a specific Tag Template?

Thank you,

Ken

I believe it's possible to do it using the ACL, but it's a complex way and needs a good knowledge about ACL.

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5908692)

Robson is correct. This would likely be enacted by ACL. You can get some good info looking into the term keymap in the Help Center, such as the article:

http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/arbortext_hc/ae60m120_hc/

The acl command to assign a shortcut to the tag templates is:

menu_change .Tools.Tag_Templates... -key 'shortcut'

where shortcut is some key, like 'control-y'

All,

Thank you for your assistance. I believe adding this shortcut will help my team be more efficent.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Ken

Top Tags