cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Arbortext 6.0 M010 now available!

ptoor
1-Newbie

Arbortext 6.0 M010 now available!

Adepters,

I am pleased to announce that Arbortext 6.0 M010 is available for download on the PTC support site (http://t.co/0L0LZ0X.).

In addition to routine maintenance improvements, there are a few enhancements I’d like to mention.

Editor

• Support for the Equation Editor in DITA documents.

• Enhanced support for Table Rule Properties. Set different styles, colors and thicknesses on table rules with a redesigned table borders dialog.

Adapters

• Arbortext 6.0 M010 is officially certified with Windchill 10 F000

• Support for Documentum/WDK 6.6 with Webtop 6.6

Styler

• Added an API to automate the import of XLIFF files into a stylesheet. This continues to enhance support for multi-language output.

For a complete list of all the changes in 6.0 M010, please review the Release Notes, posted on the support site.

We, at PTC, value you as a customer and hope that you continue to see benefit from your continued use of Arbortext products.

Please feel free to post any questions you may have about this maintenance release and I hope to see you at the upcoming PlanetPTC Live in Las Vegas!

Regards,

Pushpinder Toor

6 REPLIES 6
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:ptoor)

Hi Pushpinder,

I couldn't tell by the release notes, but did M10 see an upgrade to the Java
VM? IIRC, F000 had the java VM that had a serious security bug in it. Sun
released a patched version a few days before F000, but PTC was already too
far along to upgrade the VM in time for F000. Did it get upgraded in M10?

Liz

ptoor
1-Newbie

Hi Liz,

This is currently in our plans for M020 (subject to change),due to changes it will require to our installer. M010 was reserved for SPRs and enhancements that didn't impact the installation. Thanks for checking and asking!

Regards,

Pushpinder

In Reply to Elizabeth Fraley:

Hi Pushpinder,

I couldn't tell by the release notes, but did M10 see an upgrade to the Java
VM? IIRC, F000 had the java VM that had a serious security bug in it. Sun
released a patched version a few days before F000, but PTC was already too
far along to upgrade the VM in time for F000. Did it get upgraded in M10?

Liz

ebenton
1-Newbie

One of our doctype customization ACL files no longer works in Arbortext 6.0.
Two offending lines read as follows:

map Toolbar_InsertGraphic { exec main::declare_entity graphic };
map Toolbar_UpdateGenText { message "Processing step numbering..."; ID_Update_idup::do_gentext(); message "Finished processing step numbering!"; };

Arbortext Editor thows an error dialog that reads "...Unrecognized key name Toolbar_InsertGraphic" and/or "...Unrecognized key name Toolbar_UpdateGenText".
If I comment out those 2 lines everything works fine (except for the toolbar buttons not being remapped to a different function).

These lines did not cause a problem in Arbortext Editor 5.2 or 5.4 but they fail in Arbortext 6.0.

I tried finding an updated Programmers Reference Guide or Cusomiaers Guide for Arbortext 6.0 but I couldn't find one on PTC's website. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Barring one of those two updated books, does anyone know the details of why this no longer works?

bibach
1-Newbie

Ed,

The current documentation (most easily found and searched in the Help
Center) indicates that key names like Toolbar_InsertGraphic are only
usable on Unix versions of Editor. Editor 5.2 probably still had
enough of the cross-platform stuff in place for this to work, but this
is no longer true in newer versions (even 5.3).

Take a look at lib\dialogs\editwindow.xml, which defines the toolbars.
You can find those key names being used as IDs on the buttons. The
corresponding "command" attribute contains the command which will be
run when the button is clicked (e.g., InsertGraphic). These are all
aliases, so you can redefine them using the "alias" command instead of
"map".

-Brandon 🙂

ebenton
1-Newbie

I finally did find documentation online at PTC. I suspected they were decremented when I looked at the ACL Reference dated May 27 2011 and I couldn't find those key names anywhere. I did not have any issues with this ACL in earlier experiments with Arbortext 5.4.
ebenton
1-Newbie

It appears as though those toolbar buttons have never been successfully remapped by those ACL lines in our version of Editor 5.2. They still retain their original default functionality. However, it seems that Editor 5.2 successfully ignores the erroneous lines and continues on to successfully execute the remainder of the ACL file. Arbortext 6.0 appears to fail and also stop executing the remainder of the ACL in the file, thus causing all of our customizations to fail.
Go figure.
Top Tags