cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Arbortext 6 Publishing Config File

SarahPrice
7-Bedrock

Arbortext 6 Publishing Config File

I just upgraded to Arbortext 6.0 M010. We use Distiller to generate PDF files. In an ACL I have the set usedistiller = on andset pdfprinter = "Adobe PDF". In Arbortext 5.x when I had the usedistiller option set to "on" the option to select a publishing config file would go away or at least be disabled. In 6.0 it is still an active option. Is there anyway to disable this? I've checked the DCF but haven't had any luck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

6 REPLIES 6

I thought that the config file was a Direct PDF option and it automagically went away when you use Print Composer. maybe it's a bug in 6.0...?

That is how it functioned in 5.x and that is what I was expecting. But it is still very active, even though it is generating the PDF using Distiller. I believe it is a bug but wanted to check with the experts first.

What type of document and stylesheet are you composing? What does the
dialog say for "Print Engine"?

-Brandon 🙂

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Copley, Sarah CTR
<sarah.r.copley@uscg.mil> wrote:
> That is how it functioned in 5.x and that is what I was expecting. But it is
> still very active, even though it is generating the PDF using Distiller. I
> believe it is a bug but wanted to check with the experts first.
>
>
>

XML document, FOSI stylesheet with a FOSI print engine.

sarah

Hi Sarah

This sounds like a bug, please open a support case so the product can be updated. Let me know if you need any assistance in opening a case.

Thanks

Susan

-----------------------------------------------------------

Susan Fort

Product Manager, Arbortext Business Unit, PTC

- | (937) 743-9091

Will do. Thank for your response.

Sarah

Top Tags