cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Arbortext 7.1 - FOSI Error - Pagedesc counter variable "taskcdct" is modified in the styledesc

Cz05
3-Visitor

Arbortext 7.1 - FOSI Error - Pagedesc counter variable "taskcdct" is modified in the styledesc

Just started to get this error when checking out of Windchill via Arbortext:

Pagedesc counter variable "taskcdct" is modified in the styledesc.

This is pmrim, periodic maintenance.  How do I find styledesc to fix?

3 REPLIES 3

The reported error has no effect, so you can ignore the error message if you want.

If you want to eliminate the message, select Help->Session to see what FOSI is used for print/PDF output of the current document. Then close the document. 

Open the FOSI in Arbortext Editor (a FOSI is a structured markup document with elements and attributes but no #PCDATA). Then enter show ids at the command line. 

In the list of IDs and ID references that is displayed, open the tab for Counters and click on the links for taskcdct to go to the enumerat categories that increment taskcdct. In the pagedesc, enumerat's parent tag is pageres. In the styldesc, enumerat's parent tag is e-i-c. Delete the enumerats whose parent is e-i-cThen save and close the FOSI.

Open the relevant document, which will cause the FOSI to automatically re-compile. Then format the document. The message should be gone.

For the record, this error is related to the distinction between pagedesc and styldesc variables. This is explained in Arbortext Help information and in my book Practical FOSI, which is available at http://fosiexpert.com/Practical-FOSI.html.

Suzanne Napoleon
"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

The Print/PDF stylesheet in the Document tab was "(pe) [default]".

How do I find to open this if I need to closed the document, which means check it back into Windchill?

It appears the file is pe.fos. If you can't open it in Arbortext Editor, you can use an ASCII editor.

Top Tags