cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Arbortext AAD M070 & up and Editor 5.4 compatibility

hsutphin
1-Newbie

Arbortext AAD M070 & up and Editor 5.4 compatibility

Does anyone know what will not function correctly when using Arbortext editor 5.4 with the CSDB AAD build M070 & up ? The software compatibility matrix states that I need to have version 6.0 or 6.1 to work with AAD M040 through M090.

3 REPLIES 3

I know what your thinking, can I keep Editor 5.x alive and save $. Well, PTC does not like user setups that fall outside of their recommended configurations. Take a look at the end of support dates for your current software before you spend any money because PTCs Support will turn down support requests if you don't fall inside the recommended configuration.

Actually I'd really like to know what doesn't function correctly (by using editor 5.4 with M080). I would prefer to have the latest software, but it requires justification to purchase/upgrade and without the technical detail that becomes more difficult.

It isn't necessarily a user setup issue, PTC comes out with updates that aren't necessarily in lockstep. One may be covered under the support/ license and one is a 'new' version that requires purchase. Makes it hard to execute technically.

Hi Harold,

I can't really speak to specifics because we haven't tried what your proposing. It's hard to say how well 5.4. would communicate with the CSDB using it's "older" version of the CSDB plug in. That may not be a configuration PTC would support. You can always ask them.

With regard to the upgrade there are various logistical problems which arise due to AAD 4.4 M080 requirements including, Win 7 on the client machine, looking at the server version & lifespan etc. I believe part of the upgrade for Win 7 requires a change in Oracle versions. All that has to be juggled in conjunction wtith the AAD and Editor version upgrade. I'd research your entitlement under the maintenance agreement to get the maximum value out of it.

Greg

Top Tags